If you’re a frequent traveller seeking the best possible experience across the globe, you can get exclusive benefits and privileges as a OneWorld status holder.
What is Oneworld status?
The Oneworld Alliance provides different frequent flyer statuses to its members, each status offering exclusive benefits and privileges. This is referred to as the oneworld status. To achieve this status, travellers must accumulate miles or segments within a calendar year on Oneworld member airlines. As travellers move up the levels, they unlock better services and privileges tailored to their flying frequency and loyalty. There are three tiers of the oneworld status, each with unique benefits: Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
- Access to Business Class Priority Check-In: Save time and breeze through check-in with dedicated counters.
- Preferred/Pre-Reserved Seating: Secure your preferred seats, typically available seven days before departure.
- Priority on Waitlists and Standby: Move ahead of non-status flyers, increasing your chances of getting a seat on desired flights.
- All Ruby benefits, plus:
- Access to Preferred/Pre-Reserved Seating from Booking: Enjoy seat selection as soon as you book your flight.
- Access to Over 650 Airport Lounges When Traveling Internationally: Relax in premium lounges and bring a guest along.
- Priority Boarding: Board early, ensuring a smooth and stress-free departure.
- Extra Baggage Allowance: Enjoy additional baggage allowances depending on the route and ticket class.
- All Ruby and Sapphire benefits, plus:
- Access to Preferred/Pre-Reserved Seating from Booking for Everyone in Your Booking: Secure seating for your entire travel party, even those on separate bookings.
- Access to Over 650 Airport Lounges When Traveling Internationally: Experience the luxury of first-class lounges and you can even bring a guest.
OneWorld Alliance Members
The Oneworld alliance consists of several world-leading airlines. With a shared commitment to excellence, the member airlines of Oneworld strive to elevate air travel standards and provide passengers with top-notch amenities and benefits throughout their journeys. The members are:
- American Airlines (USA)
- British Airways (UK)
- Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong)
- Finnair (Finland)
- Iberia (Spain)
- Japan Airlines (Japan)
- Malaysia Airlines (Malaysia)
- Qantas (Australia)
- Qatar Airways (Qatar)
- Royal Air Maroc (Morocco)
- Royal Jordanian Airlines (Jordan)
- S7 Airlines (Russia)
- SriLankan Airlines (Sri Lanka)
In addition to these full members, there are Oneworld Connect partners, which are regional airlines that offer limited benefits to Oneworld frequent flyers:
- Fiji Airways (Fiji)
- Royal Air Maroc Express (Morocco)
Please note that airline alliances are subject to change over time, and new airlines may join, or existing ones may leave the alliance. We recommend checking the official website for the most up-to-date information on Oneworld Alliance members.
Now you know what is oneworld status and about the Oneworld Alliance members. Whether you’re flying for business or leisure, Oneworld’s exceptional benefits will enhance your journey every step of the way.
What are your thoughts about the Oneworld status? Please let us know in the comments.