Eastern Airways’ moments to remember

Eastern Airways is a regional airways based in United Kingdom with its Head office located at Schiphol House, on the property of Humberside Airport, in Kirmington, North Lincolnshire.
The airways was found in 1997. Bryan Huxford (59%), and Richard Lake (41%) owned it. The Airways started its scheduled service operations between Humberside and Aberdeen. In 2014, the Bristow Group acquired 60% interest in the Eastern Airways, and later in 2018, the Bristow Group acquired the remaining 40% interest. Despite Bristow Group having a 100% interest in the Eastern Airways, the airways continued to operate under its brand.
In July 2010, the airways named one of their Jetscream 41 aircraft after comedian Ken Dodd (now deceased). This was during the airline’s year anniversary celebrations for scheduled flights from Liverpool Airport. Sir Kenneth Arthur Dodd OBE aka Ken Dodd was present at the ceremony of unveiling the aircraft named after him. He was quoted saying;
“I am delighted to have been given the honour by Eastern Airways of having one of their aircraft named after me. I am feeling plumptious, and I have had a thrilling afternoon here at the airport.”
Ken Dodd was famous for his line, “How tickled I am.” This line was even printed on the aircraft.
The eastern Airways has also won various awards from the aviation industry. The awards won by the airways include the following;
• European Regions Airline Association Airline of the Year Silver Award (2003/04 and 2004/05)
• Airline of the Year Gold Award (2006/07)
• Baltic Air Charter Association Best Passenger Charter Airline 2011
• European Region Airlines Association Airline of the Year Gold Award 2014
Currently, the Eastern Airways has been in service for about 23 years, and it continue to serve passengers to their expectations.

Subscribe to our Weekly Digest!

More News

Katongole Andrew
Katongole Andrew
Aviation Reporter - Based in the African continent, Katongole is one of Travel Radar's African aviation reporters. With a passion for both bush-flying and larger commercial airlines, Katongole analyses and reports on the latest developments across the African Region, as well as more widely across Europe, the US and Middle East.


Please enter your comment!