Air France has announced increased service to Canada this summer with the addition of service to Quebec City and added frequencies on existing Canadian routes. Current Canadian destinations include Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
New Destination: Quebec City
Beginning May 17, flights will be available three times weekly from Paris-Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) in Quebec City. Quebec City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the capital of the Canadian province of Quebec. Old Quebec, in the city centre, is the only fortified city in North America.
The flights will be operated by an Airbus A330-200, with 224 seats (36 in Business, 21 in Premium Economy, and 167 in Economy). Inside, passengers can enjoy Air France’s newly redesigned travel cabins. In addition to Wi-Fi onboard, all seats feature Air France’s entertainment system with over 1,000 hours of video content, USB sockets, and improved seat comfort for long-haul travel.
Increased Canadian Presence
Quebec City is Air France’s fourth destination in Canada. This summer, the airline will also be ramping up service from Paris to:
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport (YUL) in Montreal: Air France’s second international service with up to four flights a day.
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ): up to twice daily.
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR): up to once daily.
These flights will operate year-round.
The announcement makes Air France the leading European airline between Europe and Canada in terms of capacity. At 25% higher capacity to and from Canada compared to before the pandemic, the country is Air France’s second-largest long-haul market (seats offered).
Air France Summer 2022 Schedule
While the full summer schedule hasn’t been announced, Air France is gearing up for a busy summer. Also recently announced, the airline will be increasing seasonal summer service from Lille-Lesquin Airport (LIL) this year. The seasonal connections include:
- Ajaccio Napoleon Bonaparte Airport (AJA): up to two flights weekly.
- Bastia Poretta Airport (BIA): one flight weekly.
- Biarritz Airport (BIQ): up to four flights weekly.
- Calvi Sainte-Catherine Airport (CLY): one flight weekly.
- Figari-Sud Corse Airport (FSC): up to two flights weekly.
Are you excited to see the rest of Air France’s summer schedule? Let us know in the comments below!