United Airlines will receive its first 787-10 Dreamliner on the 7th January 2019.
United will become the first U.S carrier to operate the 787-10, Although Singapore Airlines is currently the only airline to have them. United have secured 14 new 787-10’s.
The 787-10 is 18 feet longer than the 787-9 and can carry more passengers and more cargo. The 787-10 can fly up to 6,430 nautical miles, while using 20 percent less fuel than older generation airplanes. United currently operates 25 787-9 and 12 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft.
United has enhanced its transcontinental schedule by increasing the number of flights between New York and Los Angeles and San Francisco to 27 daily flights and by adding more than 700 daily seats and 125 daily premium seats and giving customers more optimal flight times.
The aircraft will feature 44 of United’s exclusive United Polaris seats; 21 United Premium Plus seats which will initially be sold as Economy Plus; 54 Economy Plus seats; and 199 United Economy seats.
- 180 degree flat-bed seats for a more relaxing and sleep-enhancing flight.
- Custom-designed duvet and pillow provided by leading luxury specialty store and New York-bred retailer Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Saks-themed amenity kits featuring product from Soho House & Co’s Cowshed Spa.
- A specialty craft beverage – The Old Fashioned – by On The Rocks Cocktails. Served with a candied orange peel skewer.
- Hot towel service will be offered after take-off and prior to landing.
- Seasonally refreshed menus, developed in partnership with The Trotter Project and its critically recognized chefs including several from cities served by United’s premium transcontinental service.
- Dining is topped off with items inspired by the popular United Polaris dessert menu which includes Ghirardelli sundae toppings with Barista Dark Chocolate Mini Chips, Ghirardelli Hot Fudge sauce, Ghirardelli Caramel sauce and Barista Caramel Flavored Mini Chips.
- Before arrival, a selection of snacks and hot towel service is offered. United Club access to freshen up, relax and enjoy complimentary food and beverages prior to departure or upon arrival, as well as Premier Access priority check-in and boarding.
- Customers seated in Economy Plus also enjoy a coastal-city-inspired menu, at no additional charge, including a complimentary hot fresh entrée, dessert and fruit, a pre-arrival snack and alcoholic beverages.