The airBaltic SkyTech program is the improved technical apprentice internship program launched by Latvian national airline airBaltic. It is the newest addition to the airline’s diverse range of training and internship programs.
It’s a one-of-a-kind chance to learn how to diagnose, fix, and maintain aircraft mechanical systems by working with seasoned airBaltic technicians. 15 students have started their internship as of right now.
Andris Vaivads, SVP of Technical Operations at airBaltic said:
“We are delighted to relaunch our technical apprentice program, which provides a priceless experience working alongside our experienced technicians. SkyTech not only helps to develop the next generation of aviation professionals but also supports airBaltic’s technical operations, as we continue to grow our fleet and route network.”
SkyTech is an ongoing programme designed by the Technical Department of Latvian national airline airBaltic for sustainable opportunities.
Candidates with a thorough grasp of aircraft structures, systems, and mechanics, including their airworthiness, are ideal for the technician apprentice programme at SkyTech. The apprenticeship programme offers hands-on instruction in all facets of aviation repair, and it is both demanding and rewarding.
It covers not only technical but maintenance support, which identifies the efficient planning for smooth operations – crucial work that keeps airBaltic’s green tails in the air. It also prepares, organises and ensures timely delivery of ordered aircraft parts.
Apprentices in this program have the exciting opportunity to learn about the most recent aviation industry technologies while working on the most eco-friendly, efficient, and modern Airbus A220-300 aircraft. The program offers aspiring technicians a chance to advance their skills and establish a career in aviation in a dynamic and supportive setting, unlocking a world of opportunities.
As a student, one can pick between three program sub-divisions, which have been made to create and reinforce both hypothetical information and down-to-earth abilities:
- School-based apprenticeships to enhance theoretical understanding;
- Apprentice for up to a year in aircraft maintenance—base maintenance, line maintenance, or workshop routines. Incorporates pivots and reasonable preparation;
- Disciple in upkeep support – temporary job in the Designing and Arranging or Strategies Division in a six-drawn-out program.
The Baltic region is connected to more than 70 European, Middle Eastern, and CIS destinations via airBaltic, operated by Air Baltic Corporation AS. airBaltic is Latvia’s most well-known international brand and contributes more than 2.5% of the country’s GDP. airBaltic operates 42 Airbus A220-300 aircraft.
airBaltic offers connections to more than 70 destinations in Europe, Scandinavia, the CIS, and the Middle East from Riga, Tallinn, Vilnius, and Tampere through the airline’s route network. The airline’s well-balanced network of both east- and west-bound destinations is strengthened by its close collaboration with airlines.
airBaltic has won numerous international awards for its innovative products and services. Skytrax has granted Latvian carrier airBaltic a five-star Coronavirus wellbeing rating. The safety, product, and COVID-19 rating agency Airlineratings.com also ranks airBaltic among the top twenty airlines for COVID-19 compliance.
As the market leader of the year in both 2018 and 2019, airBaltic won the ATW Airline Industry Achievement Award. Furthermore, in 2019 airBaltic got Area Administration Grant via Carrier Business. airBaltic is a business entity that was laid out in 1995. The Latvian government holds 97.97% of the company’s stock, while the remaining shareholders hold 2.03%.
Are you thinking of joining airBaltic’s apprenticeship programme? Let us know in the comments below!