Qantas aircraft
| © Qantas

Loyalty scheme members can now spend their Qantas points on package holidays.

New Partnership with TripADeal

Things are soon to change for frequent fliers with Qantas. Customers can now use their loyalty points to buy package holidays, following the airline’s partnership with travel company TripADeal. Packages include African Safaris, Japanese Ski trips, and even visits to Antarctica. Passengers wanting to stay more local can use their points for Australian wine tasting tours or Bali beach holidays.

Qantas has entered the package holiday market with its acquisition of TripADeal
Qantas has entered the package holiday market | © Getty Images

The new arrangement comes after Qantas obtained a 51% stake in the Australian holiday booking company. The all-cash deal also provides a mechanism for Qantas to acquire the remaining 49% share in four years’ time. The price is dependent on the number of bookings TripADeal will have by that point. Company Founder Norm Black said:

“We’re an Aussie business that is very proud to now be in a close partnership with the national carrier. Qantas understands why TripADeal is different and what makes it a success, which is why we chose to do this deal with them.”

What does this mean for Qantas Customers?

Qantas customers will now be able to book on to TripADeal package holidays using their Qantas Points, regardless of which airline is part of the package. Frequent flyers will also earn loyalty points on money spent with the holiday company, gaining three points for every $1 spent. Trips on offer include:

  • A 10-day tour of Japan, covering Tokyo, Osaka, and Gifu, and a tour of Mount Fuji.
  • A 9-day tour of India’s ‘Golden Triangle’ – Agra, Delhi, and Jaipur, including a visit to the Taj Mahal and Chandi Chowk Market.
  • A 17-day tour of Alaska, Yellowstone, and the Rockies, including a seven-night ‘Glacier Experience’ cruise.
Qantas and TripADeal's Japan package includes a visit to Mount Fuji
TripADeal’s Japan package includes a visit to Mount Fuji | TripADeal NZ

TripADeal offers a wide range of packages, both domestically and abroad. The company has close to 100 staff in Byron Bay and the Gold Coast and dedicated tour guides in over 30 countries. The company had an annual growth rate of over 40% prior to the pandemic and is likely to improve again with exposure to Qantas Loyalty’s 14-million-strong member base.

Will you be taking advantage of this new offer? Let us know in the comments below!


Please enter your comment!