You can now join the team behind one of the fastest growing, and industry-leading news sources for Aviation & Commercial Air Travel! We have a range of openings across our Editorial, Marketing & Business Support teams – Targeting seasoned veterans of the industry, to passionate newbies alike! If you think you can help us develop our goal of shaping the way the world sees aviation, and consumers best optimise their air-travel, then look no further – You’re exactly who we’re looking for…
Why work for Travel Radar?
Here at Travel Radar we believe that learning is an endless cycle! We offer constant personal development for all of our staff from building skillsets and portfolios for new staff members looking to emerge into the industry, to working with educational providers to offer training and professional qualifications/accreditation for seasoned veterans. No mater your current skill level, being a part of our team will be a highly rewarding and developing opportunity!
Due to the nature of our work, in the Commercial Aviation & Air-Travel industries, we are invited to many opportunities around the world. As a member of staff you will be able to take part in our internal-bidding to attend events, airshows, conferences and trip-reviews around the world.
We believe that flexible working is the way forward, and as such offer this as the norm for all staff members. Within Travel Radar there are no rotas, set hours or office locations allowing you to work from home, your travels or even cruising at 38,000ft! Our remote work nature, coupled with flexible work patterns let’s you slot your TR role into everyday life.
If you’re looking to get in on the ground floor and gain leadership experience while developing your skillset, Travel Radar is the ideal organisation for you! We look to equip all our staff members with functional leadership and management experience needed to allow for rapid career progression; As a rapidly growing organisation, we offer regular prospects for promotion and progression within the company.
We offer all our staff team, volunteers and paid staff, an extensive perks program in alliance with a popular discounts organisation. As a member, we can offer our staff over 3000 high street savings and discounts across a range of industries, retailers and products! Our perks program also includes travel upgrades and addons too!
Director of Content
We’re seeking a skilled and passionate Director of Content to join our Senior Management Team and Board of Directors (& Shareholders.) Our Director of Content is responsible for day-day management and strategic oversight of four key portfolio areas including Editorial, Photography, Videography & Graphics/Art Design. This role is ideal for an individual with experience in management, positions of Editorial seniority, and Jr. Directors looking to develop their skills. The role is equity paid with annual dividends and a vesting of 2years minimum.
Some Daily Tasks include…
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, editorial, photography, videography, graphics/artwork and any print publishing
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous involvement of strategy is a must. Close collaboration with the CMO/Director of Marketing
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular writers/staffing members
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists and subset of four managers; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with IT & Tech teams to implement appropriate CMS/Utilities
- Conducting periodic competitive audits and ensuring Travel Radar remains at the forefront of Aviation Media
Social Content Creator
We’re seeking social-media fanatics and gurus to join our fast-paced Marketing Team. As a Social Content Creator with Travel Radar, you’ll be responsible for maintaining our social media posting schedules across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn pages. During your time on the team, you’ll benefit from experience, mentoring and personal development opportunities to grow your skills at Social Media Marketing
Some Daily Tasks include…
- Scheduling social media posts and content: Including articles, pictures and videos
- Community Engagement: Including replying to comments and messages to the pages
- Monitoring platforms for any breaking news and passing on-to our News Team
- Facilitating our Social Media schedule posting at delegated slots
- Sharing posts and content in groups
We’re seeking photographers – particularly planespotters – to join our team! As a photographer with Travel Radar, you will capture and then license photos to the network to be utilise in social media posts, articles and your own dedicated gallery. Note: Experience with photography and your own camera is required! We are currently working hard on the release of new projects and product-lines, and will shortly be hiring photographers on a paid basis.
Some Daily Tasks include…
- Organising and Uploading photos to our internal file-storage drive
- Watermarking photos with your own company watermark
- Sharing appropriate photos with Social Media & Editorial teams
- Capturing photos during planespotting (At least once every few months)
To join the Travel Radar team we do have a few requirements:
- Proficiency in English (Written & Verbal) – We require all staff have a good grasp in the use of the English language both in their written communication, and also in verbal calls/communication
- Time per Week- We require all staff can dedicate at least 2hrs per week to Travel Radar. Jobs may have varying commitments from 2-12hrs per week
- Interest in Aviation- All staff should have, at least a small, interest in Commercial Aviation and/or Air Travel. Working in such a niche industry requires some topical interest!
- Passion for Learning- We love training and development and offer dedicated training packages to all staff members. You should be passionate for learning: From new skills, to expanding existing skill-sets
Don’t worry about:
- Country/Location- All roles are remote
- Level of Education- We accept those with experience and degrees, but equally students seeking experience
- Subject Experience- Unless stated otherwise, we can train you up in a certain skill-set (such as Social Media or Writing)