Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) has launched a new, innovative mobile app enabling travellers to get flight updates, pay for parking, and access information about airport facilities. The app, ‘ACSA App’, came into effect in early July.
According to Mthoko Mncwabe, the ACSA Chief Information Officer, the app was created to make travellers’ airport experience seamless and easy to navigate. The app’s launch is a part of ACSA’s digital transformative drive, which aims to improve customer airport experience and to widen access to travel-related information.
Access to the app
The ASCA App is free and is available on the App Store, Google Play Store, and Huawei AppGallery. In order to gain access to its services, new users are required to create an account using their email address, or a Google, Facebook, or Twitter account. The registration process is simple and trustworthy as the company has adhered to the Protection of Personal Information Act and data privacy.
The new app includes a plethora of varied features for its users. These include:
- Flight Information: Users can both view and search for flights by airport. Flights can be tracked using the app, in which users simply need to subscribe to a flight to receive in-app status notifications. The app also offers flight information for future flights using the advanced search option.
- Parking: Using the app, customers can pre-book and pay for parking at the O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. For easy future parking payments, users can save their vehicle information and card details. A common annoyance amongst travellers is forgetting where they parked their car at the airport upon return. The ACSA App responds to this issue as users can save the location of their vehicle in the app so they can quickly locate it when they return.
- COVID-19: Covid-19 PCR tests can be booked through the app and results can be stored for customers travelling through O.R. Tambo Airport.
- Health: The app offers travellers information on the clinic, current Covid-19 protocols, and medical call-out procedures for emergencies.
- Help and Guidance: There is an Airport Guide for users allowing them to search and navigate key areas within the airport. Users can find a list of all airport facilities and services on the app for ease of reference. For users who have questions, there is in-app customer service available via an artificial intelligence chatbot or human agent.
With the resurgence of South African Airways and the recent launch of the ASCA App, aviation in South Africa is evidently becoming more enhanced for travellers.
Do you think that the ASCA App will serve to improve passenger experience? Let us know what you think about the new app in the comment section!